2018 Fall Update
The days are getting shorter and pumpkin spice lattes are about to be back. What does that mean? School is about to start, which also means YOUTH GROUP IS BACK! It's been a long (and I mean very long) summer filled with camps, vacations, camps, lesson planning and more camps. We had a lot of camps... But I'm ready to be back in the swing of things. So here's a quick update on what's happening in Youth Ministry and some of the things we'll be working towards.
- "H.A.B.I.T.S." This year we'll be focusing on Holy Hour, Accountability, Bible, Investing, Teaching others about Christ, and Sacraments. Each week we'll be helping our teens by pushing them to grow in these aspects of their lives. This is going to be the major foundation for our Jr. High curriculum.
- Service projects. We're going to have a lot more service projects for both Jr. and Sr. High. Remember every second Monday of the month we feed the homeless from 5:30pm-7:30pm at St. Vincent de Paul (3217 W Overland Rd, Boise, ID 83705).
- Confirmation. Our Confirmation classes are open to all Sr. High students who meet the necessary requirements for the sacrament. ALL OF OUR TEENS WHO ARE IN HIGH SCHOOL AND NOT CONFIRMED SHOULD BE SIGNED UP FOR THIS. If your teen is on the fence or has questions about Confirmation please have them come talk to me.
- Theology of The Body. This is only for our Sr. High Youth Group. Every other week we will be watching a video from the "YOU" series from Ascension Press. This material focuses on identity, gender, love and chastity. These are hot topics in our culture, so it makes sense to start a dialogue with our teens about what the church teaches on these subjects. Our adult CORE TEAM will be facilitating discussions on the material.
- Sr. High Retreat. We have a retreat scheduled Nov. 2nd-4th for our Sr. High youth. More info to come soon!
- Teen led Bible studies. Our teens that went to leadership camp with us will be starting their Bible studies. These are small groups aimed at creating discipleship and strong, healthy relationships.
I seriously can't wait for everything to start back up. I'm always open for new ideas or suggestions so please remember I have an open door policy and anyone is welcome to come see me. With that being said, all of this is super exciting, but I can't do it alone. I'm asking for your prayers, support and help. Please consider joining our CORE TEAM for either Sr. or Jr. High. WE NEED ALL OF THE HELP WE CAN GET WITH THESE TEENS. Shoot me an email or a text if you're interested. Thanks for sticking around and reading this and thank you for the amazing amount of love I receive from all of you.